Memphis, TN – Built for street and race applications, the new line of conical valve springs from COMP Cams represents a revolutionary advancement in high performance valve spring technology.
Expected to become the new standard in high performance valve spring design, COMP Cams Conical Valve Springs utilize round wire and feature a diameter-driven and progressive pitch-driven natural frequency. This design increases the valve train RPM limit while reducing resonance concerns and dynamic spring oscillations. The result is longer spring life and the ability to run more aggressive camshafts. The constantly decreasing diameter of the spring from bottom to top reduces active mass, thereby decreasing applied dynamic valve train forces. This translates into an increased life span for all valve train components. The design lowers horsepower losses and nets more power as well. The conical design accomplishes damping without wear, heat, friction or risk such as flat dampers from interference contact. Superfinish surface processing adds even more to the lift capability and spring life without the extra mass of an increased wire size. A breakthrough in valve spring development, COMP Cams is the very first to market with this advanced conical design. COMP Cams Conical Valve Springs are available individually or in full sets of 16.
Product: COMP Cams Conical Valve Springs
Part Numbers: Application Specific (See Chart)
Street Price: Call for Pricing
Social Media Pitch: COMP Cams Conical Valve Springs for street & race applications are expected to become the new standard in performance valve spring design
Features & Benefits:
• Progressive frequency increases RPM limit & creates the ability to run more aggressive camshafts
• Constantly decreasing diameter from bottom to top reduces active mass & decreases applied forces – result is longer valve train component life & less parasitc HP loss
• Conical design is the best natural frequency damping setup – dampens without wear, heat/friction or risk from interference contact
• Reduced mass leads to improved RPM stability
• Superfinish surface processing increases both lift capability & spring longevity