Memphis, TN – The latest valve spring kit from COMP Cams® allows users to install revolutionary Conical Valve Springs on nearly any GM LS engine.
In the tradition of its successful Beehive™ kits, COMP Cams® LS Conical Valve Spring Kits allow enthusiasts and builders to better harness the power of popular LS race and street engine applications. Each kit features Conical Valve Springs, valve locks, valve seals, spring seats and either chromemoly steel or high-strength tool steel retainers. The springs’ conical design means that they feature a smaller diameter in the upper half to reduce active mass. These springs are thus effectively smaller and lighter than otherwise possible for similar loads and lifts. The result is a lowering of parasitic horsepower losses, more power, an increased RPM limit, improved stability and the ability to run more aggressive camshafts. The conical design also features progressive frequency which dampens coil oscillations better than any other design naturally. Finally, Superfinish surface processing increases lift capability and spring life. COMP Cams® LS Conical Valve Spring Kits feature all the components needed to install these revolutionary springs with no machine work required.
Product: COMPCams® LS Conical Valve Spring Kits
Part Number: #7228CS-KIT; 7228TS-KIT
Street Price: $373.43 (7228CS-KIT); $475.40 (7228TS-KIT)
Social Media Pitch: COMP Cams® LS Conical Valve Spring Kits provide everything needed to install Conical Valve Springs onto all popular LS engine applications
Features & Benefits:
- The springs’ conical design improves power possibilities while naturally controlling oscillations & low-RPM resonance concerns
- Superfinish surface processing increases both lift capability & spring life
- Work on nearly any LS engine w/ no machining
- Kits include #7228-16 Valve Springs, valve locks, valve seals, spring seats & steel or tool steel retainers
- Designed for race & performance street applications