Name Email

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 01:50 PM

Question 727 Super Streetfighter ???s
I have purchased a new 727 Super Streetfighter (#111105) and a full manual valvebody (#121700). My questions are concerning the install of the valvebody, your entire instructions are aimed at someone installing in a factory 727. No mention of installing in a TCI trans.
I'll start with the accumulator piston, it says to remove spring and sealing ring, my new trans was already without the spring plus I removed the sealing ring,,,correct?
Next question is about the rear servo piston assembly. I removed as per instructions but noticed my TCI trans already had a shim that looked identical to the one that came with the valvebody installed, so I left that alone,,,,,correct?
Also in the rear servo I did change out the large servo spring to the one that came with the valve body although I'm guessing they are the same spring,,,correct?
I noticed your online instructions have added changing out to the 5.0 Lever is a good thing, I did this even though my paper instructions did not mention it,,,correct???

Thats about it for my questions, might be a good idea to add instructions for the guys buying your transmissions as well, since it looks like some of the valvebody upgrades are already in the new TCI trans. Will help clarify things for us guys who barely ever crack open a trans.

Thanks
Rod
Old 04-04-2012, 04:04 PM

727 Super Streetfighter ???s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have purchased a new 727 Super Streetfighter (#111105) and a full manual valvebody (#121700). My questions are concerning the install of the valvebody, your entire instructions are aimed at someone installing in a factory 727. No mention of installing in a TCI trans. most people order the trans and valve body together, so we normally do all the work here
I'll start with the accumulator piston, it says to remove spring and sealing ring, my new trans was already without the spring plus I removed the sealing ring,,,correct? you are correct
Next question is about the rear servo piston assembly. I removed as per instructions but noticed my TCI trans already had a shim that looked identical to the one that came with the valvebody installed, so I left that alone,,,,,correct? correct
Also in the rear servo I did change out the large servo spring to the one that came with the valve body although I'm guessing they are the same spring,,,correct? correct
I noticed your online instructions have added changing out to the 5.0 Lever is a good thing, I did this even though my paper instructions did not mention it,,,correct??? correct

Thats about it for my questions, might be a good idea to add instructions for the guys buying your transmissions as well, since it looks like some of the valvebody upgrades are already in the new TCI trans. Will help clarify things for us guys who barely ever crack open a trans.

Thanks
Rod
Old 04-04-2012, 04:54 PM

Thanks for confirming my inqueries.

I have purchased a new 727 Super Streetfighter (#111105) and a full manual valvebody (#121700). My questions are concerning the install of the valvebody, your entire instructions are aimed at someone installing in a factory 727. No mention of installing in a TCI trans. most people order the trans and valve body together, so we normally do all the work here ****The place I ordered from made it sound like it was full manual, luckily my cars build was a slow one so when I discovered it wasn't I still had the trans out to do the valve body myself****

I'll start with the accumulator piston, it says to remove spring and sealing ring, my new trans was already without the spring plus I removed the sealing ring,,,correct? you are correct
Next question is about the rear servo piston assembly. I removed as per instructions but noticed my TCI trans already had a shim that looked identical to the one that came with the valvebody installed, so I left that alone,,,,,correct? correct
Also in the rear servo I did change out the large servo spring to the one that came with the valve body although I'm guessing they are the same spring,,,correct? correct
I noticed your online instructions have added changing out to the 5.0 Lever is a good thing, I did this even though my paper instructions did not mention it,,,correct??? correct

Thanks
Rod
Old 04-08-2012, 09:38 AM

I also forgot to ask, will this valve body have a nice hard shift to it or should I add a "shift kit" while the trans is still out and opened up?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM

What you have is the "shift kit". Yes it should have quick firm shifts.