Name Email

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 PM

Default TCC lock with ez tcu
I cannot get the ez-tcu to lock the torque converter. I have set the TCC min speed to the lowest setting (40 mph), and have verified that the trans. should be meeting all the criteria from the instruction manual, but the TCC will not lock, even at 60 mph. The TCC will lock with the switch, and appears to work fine.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:21 PM

Make sure your MAX TCC TPS setting isn't too low. Should be about 3 or higher on this. Could possibly be never locking up if that setting is too low. Other than that, if it still doesn't lock up automatically...might be something bad with the controller/computer itself or the wiring. Make sure the TC circle is checked when manually locking it up. It should also check in 5th or 6th gear automatically.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:56 PM

TCC will lock using the switch - the circle is checked when manually locked.
The circle has never been checked when in 5th or 6th gear.
I thought the max TCC TPS was a percentage - it is currently set at 50.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM

Are you showing correct trans temp readings on the controller? I know the converter won't lock if the temp is too low. And is the VSS (vehicle speed) showing accurate? If all the readings are showing normal, we might need to swap computers and see if that fixes it. If that doesn't work then we know it's probably something internal in the trans, maybe with the wiring. I am assuming this is our 6 speed you have.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 PM

yes, it is your 6x
I believe the temp is correct - after warming up it usually reads between 170 and 200.
The VSS is very close (compared to my GPS)
If we need to swap computers, how can we go about getting that done?
I am trying to prepare the truck for a trip, and really cannot be without the computer for more that 2 days or so. Is there a way you can send me one and then I can pull out the one that I have and return it to you?
I did purchase the entire package directly through you.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 AM

For future reference, this customer called me on the phone and we have come to a conclusion he was not getting the proper TPS input (was showing 0 in all ranges). You must have the proper 0-5V reference wire hooked up for your TPS input. This will vary based on the type of throttle control system you have. In this case, this is an LS3 drive by wire, so you have to probe each wire with a volt meter and figure out which one gives you the 0-5V. If voltage goes up with the gas pedal being pressed, then that should be your wire. The transmission will NOT shift right if you don't have the proper TPS, VSS, and RPM signal inputs.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:50 PM

After identifying the correct wire and connecting it to the TPS wire, it seems that the transmission is working well at this point. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:51 PM

Awesome!!!!!