Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

ACTUAL A/F Ratio 15.94 most of the time

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Diego Garcia, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia New Member

Hi, I'm new at FAST and I installed my first FAST XFI Kit a couple a months ago in a GEN III 426 HEMI. After read all the available documentation and make a lot of adjustments, I got the engine idleing. My problem is even when the ACTUAL A/F ratio is stucked at 15.94 when the engine is idleing, it's smells too reach. When I accelerate the ACTUAL A/F changes. Any clue?

PD. Sorry for my english, I'm from Argentina.

Attached Files:

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

It seems you may have a false lean condition. Header leaks are the likely cause.

3. Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia New Member

Thanks, I'll check it and let you know in couple of days. Thanks again.

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You might also be getting exhaust air inversion if you aren't running a full exhaust.

5. Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia New Member

Do you know any procedure to check the O2 Sensor? Is there any way to check that it isn't broke or is malfunctioning?

6. A A

A A Well-Known Member

A new sensor is likely fine. It is giving readings. if you think there is a problem with it, the best course is to replace it.

Do you have a complete exhaust system to the rear of the vehicle?

7. Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia New Member

Yes, I have it. OK, I will replace the O2 Sensor as you suggest. I wanted to avoid buying a new sensor and then realize that it wasn't the root-cause, but at this point I understand that is the simplest path. Thanks.

8. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You know there are two types of Wideband O2 sensor? Did you complete setup as described in 6.0 of the C-COM software?

9. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Flow a little propane gas (UNLIT) over the sensor. The AF should read way down into the nines.

10. Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia New Member

I changed OS2 Sensor today and the new one is reading ok. Thanks all for your help.