Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Air cleaners

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Russ67scode, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Russ67scode

Russ67scode New Member

what are you guys using for an air cleaner with the 4150 throttle body? The throttle lever is in a bad spot for 90% of anything I have seen . Does someone make a spacer to go under a normal air cleaner ?
    Thanks Russ

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

I use the FAST air cleaner and FAST cable assembly on both of my FAST 2.0 throttle bodies. Direct fit and no problems.

3. gremlinmt

gremlinmt Member

4. Russ67scode

Russ67scode New Member

As I wrote this post I thought about what I said and looked up spacers. Even auto zone sells them
    Looks like lever is 1.25 inches above the top flange

5. J-440

J-440 Member

I used a standard 14x2 pie pan and base. Used a dremel to make some cuts so the linkage would clear. Sits low and you can't even tell.

6. Russ67scode

Russ67scode New Member

J-440. Does that let in unfiltered air in the hole for linkage ?

7. Narler

Narler Member

Hi,

I was initially running Edelbrock air cleaners with K&N filters, but I had to make my own base plate.

I eventually just went back to the ford aircleaner but I do have small spacers, similar to what was mentioned above, but mine are no where near that high maybe only 10 or 15mm. Between the aircleaners and the TBI's I have a small gasket. Was pretty hard to find in any of my local parts stores, no-one seems to carry those parts anymore, but eventually found the required two.

I've attached a low res picture, side view of my aircleaner and TBI's for you. (ps download the pic so you can view it a bit larger it should be 3000x2000 pixels).

Just as a side note, the supplied linkages for dual setup is completely useless. You have to modify one of the TBI's else you can't accelerate. Pretty dumb, so I'm running aftermarket linkages and custom made throttle setup.

Regards

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  8. Russ67scode

Russ67scode New Member

Narler looks good. I have the port FI and single throttle body. You might want to try the factory FORD dual quad linkage for your setup