Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

BAD CAM SENSOR? DATA LOG INCLUDED

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by 9secondz28, Apr 30, 2017.

1. 9secondz28

9secondz28 Member

so the car was running great and took it out and in third I slowly started to make boost then the car died instantly.
    took me forever to get started again but was running soo rough on like it was misfiring in a few cylinders so I hooked up the laptop and decided to clean the tune and start with an old file after I couldn't figure out what did that or hot to get running right again.
    so now clean tune install and it actually will rev some hickups but under the log you can see the xim rpm is different that the xfi and at idle the cam sync is good always 88 or 89 well start to rev it goes haywire its 4,10,61, all over and I think this is why its running like crap. so does anyone think its a bad sensor or someone experience this before and knows what it is??

log is in link below error trying to upload here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx3sA5hBIN8qSF9DWFhvdGxodGs

specs below:
    lt1 397
    fast xim and xfi
    ls7 coils
    opti converted to cam sensor only (brian macy made)
    4x fast crank wheel
    Honeywell hall effects crank sensor (brian macy made)

2. 9secondz28

9secondz28 Member

Wow not one reply I guess this forum isn't popular anymore

3. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Brian probably hasn't seen your post. Try contacting him from his conversation page.

4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Member

Email me your tune and the datalog. Your link above doesn't work because Windows just wants to open the file rather than download it. rich@fastmanefi.com

5. 9secondz28

9secondz28 Member

I sent the xim and xfi box back to fast and they told me they both were fried and I needed to replace. Crazy how this even happened was fine for all this time then suddenly both went bad.
    Got them back hooked them up and SAME ISSUE as before no change!! Well this weekend I replaced the cam sensor and started the car and SAME ISSUE! Soo wtf is it???

6. 9secondz28

9secondz28 Member

Hey rich sorry for the delay I just sent you an email

7. 9secondz28

9secondz28 Member

A little update still doing the same I even replaced the cam and crank sensor! I'm lost either it's the harness or the boxes are toast again and I have no clue. I will be trying a few things and maybe remove all the harnesses and go through every wire which will take me a looong time lol the xim and xfi harness has a lot of wires and I'm guessing I'll have to open and inspect every wire. I just spent another $1200 on sensors and having fast replace the boards I'm broke so can't buy a new harness.

8. lazaris

lazaris Member

Go online with the ECU and see if the unit serial number matches whats on the outside of your box.