Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Can I use my Dual Synch Distributor without the EFI if I go back to carb?

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Oldracerjones, Jun 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Oldracerjones

Oldracerjones New Member

I may have to go back to using the carb and take my EFI 2.0 off (and sell it). I have the E6 & E92 ignition setup and I know that can be sued with a carb. Can the Dual Synch distributor also be used that way? I appreciate any help.

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Dual Sync was designed for use with a FAST ECU.

3. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You should be able to correct any problem with your EZ EFI 2.0 unless you have a dual plane intake, large aftermarket camshaft, sparkplug wires over 50 Ohms per foot, or a manual transmission.

4. Oldracerjones

Oldracerjones New Member

I have the stock aluminum intake, I'm sure it is a single plane. Stock camshaft, plug wires should be okay but definitely a manual transmission. Maybe I will move this FAST to my 302 with automatic trans in my 62 Ford rebuild.

5. A A

A A Well-Known Member

ALL TBI fuel injection systems need a single plane intake to work properly. Unless the intake runners all open into a single common opening (plenum) without a divider or two levels under the intake flange, you have a dual plane. The EZ EFI ECU models have adaptive learning which makes them unsuitable for manual transmission. XFI models allow the adaptive learning to be turned off for manual transmission use. A XFI Sportsman ECU is a direct replacement for the EZ EFI EZ 2.0 ECU.

The EZ EFI will work perfectly with your '62 automatic build using a single plane like the Edelbrock Victor Jr or Torker II intakes with a mild or stock camshaft. EZ EFI models have a vacuum requirement of 10 inches at idle an too much camshaft will affect this.