Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Dual Sync initial setup

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by kpanza, Jun 6, 2017.

1. kpanza

kpanza Member

Ok, cool. So the Printo-seal takes care of the water ports, and the 1205s just block the EGR, so no worries on that. Check. The Ultra Black RTV says sensor safe, so I should be good to go? Thanks!

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Let 'er rip! Now go take the hide off that softball and make it a lump while at bat.

3. kpanza

kpanza Member

Well, as usual, went a few weeks between being able to work on the truck...also had a great 4th of July bbq, smoked a whole brisket, ribs, salmon, etc for 30+ guests at our house. Anyways, yesterday I made some progress, and some backsliding...had to swap exhaust gaskets (after I installed new intake manifold, I decided to check the torque on the header bolts - in doing so, I found out that the bolts the previous owner used were way too short, so I had to get new ones. In doing so, I decided to check the gaskets, and they were the wrong shape for the headers - square when needed round - and sure enough, one of the ports had blown past the gasket! After that hassle, I got the distributor installed (finally!)...but in doing so, and turning the motor over by the balancer bolt a few times to make sure I was on the 30BTDC, (I also double checked I was on compression stroke), the harmonic balancer bolt came loose! Uggh. I pulled it out, and it was too short also! Only had like 4 threads engaging...and no loctite. So, I ordered up a new, longer one, plus a Lisle flexplate turning tool so I can actually torque the bolt, should be here tomorrow from Summit. Luckily it wasn't stripped, but better I found out about it now than later I guess. So, once I get that back together, will finish with the distributor/wires/etc, and then I can finally start installing the rest of the EZ 2.0 system! Hoping that part goes way smoother! haha