Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

e-dash comm error

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by lilpiston8, Mar 1, 2018.

1. lilpiston8

lilpiston8 New Member

have xfi 2.0 and a e-dash. Turned car on today and the e-dash flashes between home screen and a screen that says (comm error, recheck connections and power to fast ecu). checked them all, all seems good. Ideas?

2. lilpiston8

lilpiston8 New Member

also laptop cannot connect to ecu as well. just says ecu not found

3. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

What version of laptop software do you have?
    No comm errors using the laptop?
    What connector do you have the laptop plugged into?

4. lilpiston8

lilpiston8 New Member

software version is 2.051. laptop cannot connect as well, just says ecu not found. using com 6 with a serial/usb connector that works perfectly with my ignition box always had with the fast system. do not know if car will run as just installed a crank trigger and it is not set up yet. tried to connect to fast box to set it up and nothing. just says ecu not found. checked all fuses and wiring. all is good.

5. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

You will have to match the comm ports (Windows to ECU). Choose Comm 4 in the sportsman (Communications/Setup/Com Port). Then go to the Windows Device manager and make sure the USB is assigned to Com 4. Once they match you should be able to connect.

6. lilpiston8

lilpiston8 New Member

thats not the problem, been through all that. changed it to com 1, matched everything and still nothing. i know its not the cable because i can talk to my ignition box (its set up the same way)

7. lilpiston8

lilpiston8 New Member

I also cannot ping the ecu, if that matters. thanx.

8. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Have you tried re-installing the C-Com software? Sounds like something could be blocking it.

9. lilpiston8

lilpiston8 New Member

have not tried that yet, but why would the e-dash not connect to the ecu as well?

10. A A

A A Well-Known Member

It's possible an ECU firmware setting is off that you can correct once the C-Com software connects. Setup with the C-Com software is a requirement. The eDASH cannot make all the initial needed settings.

11. A A

A A Well-Known Member