Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

EDIS Timing Help

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Dart67, May 22, 2018.

1. Dart67

Dart67 Member

I know some here don't much like the Ford EDIS Wasted Spark system.

But, my MSD 6 died and I already had all the parts for another future project.

I have installed a Ford EDIS8 Module, a 36 -1 trigger wheel and two 4 cylinder Dodge Neon coils.

The engine starts and idles better then it ever has.

XFI 2.0 Version 2.051
    Bank to Bank
    Ignition set to Ford TFI Ignition
    Crank Reference Angle at 10*

But, it seems to be stuck at the EDIS "limp mode" 10* BTDC timing.

The dash board and the logs show the timing changing, but I do not see any change at the timing tab. Even setting the fixed timing to something like 20* it still shows 10*.

Any ideas on this?

I have the EDIS wired per the F.A.S.T. XFI IGN. ADAPTERS FORD TFI & FORD EDIS PN'S 301308/3013XX SCHEMATIC.

I am using the 3013XX section for the wiring.

EDIS Module 1 Hall Crank (PIP signal) goes to the Gray 32 Pin connector A 8 Hall Crank, Cam/Hall Effect Connector F
    EDIS Module 3 TFI (SAW Signal) goes to the Gray 32 Pin connector A 10 TFI/EDIS, Cam/Hall Effect Connector H
    EDIS Module 7 Dig Gnd goes to the Gray 32 Pin connector A 13 Dig Gnd, Cam/Hall Effect Connector D

I have attached the latest tune and log.

If I cannot get this figured out, I am going to reinstall my F.A.S.T. Dual Sync Distributor and a new F.A.S.T. E6 ignition box and E92 coil.

Herb

Attached Files:

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Bump. Maybe someone more familiar with XFI 2.0 will see this and offer help.