Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Engine tune on dyno

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by crash520, Oct 9, 2019.

1. crash520

crash520 Member

Hi Guys
    I want to run my sbm stroker build on the engine dyno to see what we can squeeze out of it before it goes into the car and I have the Sportsman XFI TBI system. Has anyone had any experience do this that could share some of the things they found, do’s and dont’s Etc?
    A lot of the dyno guys down here want to tune it with their carb then put it in the car and tune the EFI on a chassis dyno, I think they are full of sh$t and just don’t know how to tune EFI basically

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

I can do this remotely for you while the engine is on the dyno. The concern from carb dyno guys is not BS.
    Any fresh engine should not be run overly rich during the break in, and if your dyno guy is not experienced in first time EFI startups, it's best he avoid it. But it's not a problem for anyone experienced with the Sportsman.

The dyno must have high-speed Internet. Then I connect to your laptop while talking to the dyno operator on the phone. It's the same process on a chassis dyno. Takes about 2 - 3 hours at most. I actually like doing remote tuning with a dyno guy on the phone because they know how to verify timing and several other issues that sometimes owners are not used to doing.

crash520 likes this.
  3. crash520

crash520 Member

Thanks Rich, it’s something I thought you could assist with, my engine guy has some experience but I’m sure as would I we welcome an input. The dyno guy not sure most of them here are a little full of themselves

4. crash520

crash520 Member

Ok Rich
    I’m still a little off getting this thing on the dyno, have to buy in a flywheel etc, spoke to my engine guy about the dyno guy being ok with us ringing you and doing your stuff and he is thumbs up. I’ll be in touch