Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Error Code 32 Voltage Fault SOLVED

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Dart67, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Dart67

Dart67 Member

XFI 2.0 2.051

I am all of a sudden getting an Error Code 32 Voltage Fault.

I thought at first that my Optima Yellow top had died.

I switched to a known good fully charged battery and still get the code.

When I look at the battery voltage on the Dashboard, it starts out at about 13 volts then rapidly climbs up to 22 to 23 volts.
    If I measure the voltage on connector B18 it is right around 12 volts.

I have been waiting again all afternoon for an auto call back from FAST Tech Support and as usual no call back.

Any Ideas ?

Herb

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. Denis

Denis Member

Are your fast ECU red and black power leads connected directly to the battery? Measure the voltage between battery ground and the pink wire going to the ECU from the ignition switch. When the ECU measures system voltage it is sensing the voltage on the pink wire.

You could have a grounding issue. You might measure voltage between alternator case and battery ground. It should be close to 0 volts.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  3. Dart67

Dart67 Member

Not a wiring problem. ALL power and grounds ran direct to battery on 10 gauge wire. Engine not started or running. Same results with alternator connected or disconnected.

I finally got to talk to a tech this morning and the ECU is now on the way to Memphis.

Herb

4. Dart67

Dart67 Member

FYI
    I found the source of the Error Code 32.

I had replaced the connector to the MAP sensor with a new one because of a broken retention clip.

I cut the old connector out and soldered the new one in color for color, black to black, white to white, and red to red.

I DID NOT pay attention to the clip in relation to the wires.

You guessed it, the red and black wire were reversed on the new plug. When I corrected the wiring, the Error code 32 went away and no problems.

I can and have recreated this by switching the red and black wires.

Herb