Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

EZ 2.0 CTS Questions

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Charlie R, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Charlie R

Charlie R New Member

I've been running a EZ 2.0 system on a 509 cubic inch BBC in my 68 Camaro for about 2 year. I'm extremely pleased with the reliability and performance of the system. I have just swapped the ZZ502 high rise dual plane for a Torker II single plane and I'm excited about the new setup. During the job, I noticed the FAST provided CTS has 3/8 NPT threads while the intake manifold has 3/4 NPT threads. No big deal it would seem, however what i do believe to be some sort of a problem may be the fact the pipe adapter necessary to install the CTS. shrouds the temperature sensing tip of the CTS significantly. I believe this provides inaccurate temp data to the ECU primarily because there is always about a 15 degree difference in readings between the system temperature and a mechanical water temp gauge installed on the driver side of the intake. My thought is the coolant directly in contact with the sensor tip is stagnant. Does anyone know of an adapter that is more like a sleeve that would not shroud the sensor tip? Another option would be to source a CTS with the same electrical properties with 3/4 pipe threads. Does Delphi offer such a part?

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You have a non-issue. Just use the adapter and quit worrying.