Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

EZ-EFI 1.0 *Odd new issue, need some insight

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Cre8vtv, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Cre8vtv

Cre8vtv Member

New question! You folks have been so good at helping me work with this, I'm hoping for some insight on this issue. I recently parked my Vette in storage after driving home in a huge rain storm. About 2 months later I went to prep it for winter. When I went to start the car, I heard the fuel pump (Brand new and has been working flawlessly) pressurize the system as normal before I turned the engine over. I don't recall hearing the jets do their initial prime, so it's possible they didn't. I turned the engine over and usually I get an instant start. This time I got no spark, no start, just normal cranking. Tried this several times with no results. Looked at the FPR and it's showing no pressure. As I investigated - - NOW, I'm not hearing the Pump going on with key. No jets either. I haven't tried starting fluid yet to see if there's a spark, but I suspect there is no spark either. Is it possible the ECU is not working or shut down due to a fault I can clear? Could it be the Fuel Pump relay? (thinking it got wet and now its stuck) Thoughts on solutions and next steps?

2. fabr

fabr Member

Are you controlling pump with the ECU? Check for power to relay.If no power to relay it can be a hardware(wiring,etc.) issue or an ecu issue. Check all wiring from ecu to the relay. If no issue is found,it may well be the ecu if it is controlling pump. If power to relay is present,check for power to pump. If pump has no power to it the relay is bad. If pump has power to it,pump is bad.

3. fabr

fabr Member

LOL!! I didn't even notice he had posed the question twice.

4. Cre8vtv

Cre8vtv Member

Sorry. Wasn't sure the first one would be seen as I had added it to my chain of earlier questions. Thanks all for the insights. I'll let you know results.