Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

EZ-EFI 2.0 Handheld reboots when cranking.

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Bethel McMillan, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Bethel McMillan

Bethel McMillan New Member

I've check grounding everywhere. Body is grounded, engine block is grouned.

The wiring is from a complete kit, Kwik wire.

I switch the ignition on, the handeld boots up properly. But as soon as i start cranking it reboots.

Discerning, especially since I try to reload parameters from scratch.

I've had the system now for couple years, but it as always rebooted during startup. I have tried connecting direclty to the ECU (removed the extenstion) with no difference.

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Check the pink ECU +12 volt ignition wire. It sounds like the switch connections or starter are affecting voltage there. A bad battery can also cause this even if the battery grounds and power wire have good connections. Also check the starter solenoid.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  3. Denis

Denis Member

My ignition switch in my '65 Cutlass breaks the power to the 12V load on the switch during the transition between run and start as you turn the switch. This is only a momentary glitch but occasionally it glitches my ECU and the red check engine light comes on and must be reset before the car will start. If this is happening it could easily cause your handheld to reboot. Check it out with a voltmeter and see what you have.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  4. Bethel McMillan

Bethel McMillan New Member

I have actually found the same thing, Denis. The pink wire carries voltage during the start cycle. However, I was on a call with Ididit about the igintion switch on my steering column. I described my setup with the tech when he mentioned the exact same problem you described. Also, since the engine won't start now, I was running through all the troubleshooting sets, I had my daughter turn the engine over so I can check the spark ( that's how far I had gotten in my troubleshooting), I noticed the fuel pressure would drop to zero. When I told the Ididit what I experience, he offered to include an updated relay which will allow the power to be remain on for .6 seconds, which allows for enough time for the ecu to engage when I cycle the key to START.

Now I have to wait for my column to come back from Ididit. (The switch won't return from start if twisted all the over and they will replace it under warranty). They are providing the relay free of charge. I will put a Ididit decal on my car.

5. Denis

Denis Member

It is always nice to find the problem and have a fix for it. I should put a relay on my car but have found that if I turn it to run and hesitate for a second or so and then turn to start it works fine. I get into trouble if I go straight from off to start. Then I get the red light.