Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

EZ EFI 2.0 Startup on a SBF 347 Stroker Engine

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Carlewms, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Carlewms

Carlewms New Member

Update: I finally got the car off the jack stands and on the driveway. Since this is a new build I cannot get on the road yet but did get a chance to drive up our long driveway.

Here is a video of the first runs ...

The engine was running fine until the engine rpm at idle went from the programmed 850 to almost 2000 (note: the engine was warmed up before I even started the runs); at first I thought I had a stuck throttle linkage (which I did not have). I ran the car up and down the drive one more time to see if anything changed; it did not.

After getting back in the garage I ran the setup again and find that I cannot change the idle settings to get the IAC in the box. The idle RPM is around 1200-1300 rpm. with the engine cold and with it hot.

I have checked the spark plug wires and wiring to and from the coil and there is not any obvious problems.

Any ideas of where I should start the troubleshooting.

Carl

A A likes this.
  2. Carlewms

Carlewms New Member

AA,

I went out to check all again ... and guess what ... big intake leak via the large vacuum port on the back of the throttle body. I must have had a backfire at some point during the run and popped .... I guess I should say blew ...the cap off.

The engine was warm so to check it I started it back up and covered the vacuum port and the engine idle dropped down to normal almost immediately.

I will pick up one tomorrow and secure it a little better.

Thanks for your help.