Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

EZ EFI fuel pressure mismatch

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Bmiddleton, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Bmiddleton

Bmiddleton New Member

Should be an easy question for someone but the "gauge" on the FAST FP regulator reads 30 PSI and the handheld unit is exactly 10 PSI higher at 40. When I adjust the regulator to 43 the handheld goes up to 53. Anyone know why this would happen?

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Adjust your pressure according to the handheld reading - it's more precise. You could have an inaccurate analog gauge. If it should turn out the analog gauge is correct, replace the GM electrical fuel pressure sensor FAST uses. Also, be sure to check the electrical connections.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  3. A A

A A Well-Known Member

This must be catching. Today, my handheld on my "81 started showing increasing pressure as I drove. I checked the analog gauge and all was fine. I then checked out the analog gauge, and it was correct. Everything is working perfect with correct numbers showing on the handheld - except for the handheld fuel pressure reading now showing a bogus 60 PSI. Looks like the GM fuel sensor (actually a GM oil pressure sender) has taken a powder.

So far as I know, this sender only throws a code and shuts off the fuel pump if it reads too little pressure. I'll be replacing mine with another.

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Let's thank FAST for supplying two different fuel pressure connector harnesses in different EZ EFI 2.0 main harnesses, and supplying two different sensors. This means you have to match up FAST sensors. - the one stamped 0032K30, on the fuel end, only works with the one cable connector that has groove between two pins. The 0034A03 sensor is "universal", and will fit either cable style.

Checked this sensor out on another system and it is working properly. It showed the same overly high reading when I re-installed it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  5. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Lol, turns out it was just the filter before my throttle body needed cleaning. No visible trash, but the water turned black when I started washing the filter with Dawn detergent. Pressure all came back to normal.

But, I did come away knowing to be sure to always get the "universal" type pressure sender if ever needed.

6. silvernblack

silvernblack Member

Do you happen to know what the GM Part Number is for this "fuel pressure sender"?

7. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Not sure what the part number is, but you may need to check it matches the cable you have if you don't have the "universal" FAST cable. I remember I found the GM part on eBay.