Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

EZ EFI Update 03

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by VettenDK, Aug 4, 2017.

1. VettenDK

VettenDK New Member

Have a ECU which is firmware 2.37 and tune 05 pr. screen.
    Can it update it with EZ updater 03 which i can download from Fast homepage?
    Think my tune 05 is newer but can i do any harm if i update / overwrite with updater 03?
    Reason: system is unstable, se my other post in forum.

Edit: Tune 05 is maybe not the same as update 03, has anyone update with 03 and if yes which tune do you have?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Seems I read somewhere on these boards the software available from the downloads page is version 2.38, tune 003. Even if it isn't newer, it shouldn't hurt anything.

Software 2.38 tune version .003 is the newer version reflected here: http://www.cpgnation.com/forum/threads/old-ez-with-new-handheld-is-possessed.26639/

Your earlier software may well be the cause of your problem. Install the newer 2.38 FAST download #3 using the instructions. Software and instruction toward the bottom of the page here - http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/software-downloads/

3. VettenDK

VettenDK New Member

Tried to update today but i get this message "This unit has already been updated" so either is update 03 to old (you can't downgrade ECU) or communication with ECU isn't working.
    Will as Fast say in instruction try to tinker with the USB-serial adapter later.
    NB! if i power ECU off i don't get "This unit has already been updated" message and i looks like my laptop can't find ECU so i think communication is ok.

4. potvinguy

potvinguy Member

238/005 cured all my problems with 238/003. Sure would like to know what they fixed in 005.

5. VettenDK

VettenDK New Member

I have now tried to tinker with my the USB-serial adapter and i keep getting this message "This unit has already been updated" so either i'm doing something completly wrong, not an option i my eyes :), or you just simply don't can downgrade FW/SW in ECU.
    Just to do something i tried again with new handheld and..... same story keeps rebooting from time to time and stalling engine every 2 or 3 time its rebooting.
    Have been writing to Fast one more time....... same result no answer!, tried to write to Comp and hurraaaa got an answer asking for part number, responded to that and then...... nothing but silence.
    Must admit i'm not the biggest fan of Fast right now so have been looking for some other EFi and i think i will go for a Holley Sniper system instead of Fast.

6. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

I have also tried to help out writing two different persons at FAST.

Absolutely NO response.

Buying parts they answered within hours/days............

STEP UP FAST "FAST" !!!