Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

EZ-LS GM COIL-NEAR-PLUG IGNITION CONTROLLER

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Dart67, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Dart67

Dart67 Member

Where can I find the installation and wiring instructions for the 301312E EZ-LS GM Coil-Near Plug Ignition Controller.

I have searched and looked everywhere that I can think of.

I would like to use this if possible with my XFI 2.0 to convert my big block MOPAR to coil near plug instead ot the more expensive XIM.

I am thinking of using a Jeep Cam Position Sensor and a 36-1 crank wheel or if it would work, the MSD Crank Trigger that I have.

Herb

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

You cannot use the EZ-LS because that is hardwired for only a 24X or 58X crank trigger with LS cam sync. It will not work with the typical 4X crank and 1X cam signal. Add the XIM (it's a better unit anyway) and then use my Cam sensor and our 36X crank trigger or an MSD crank trigger if you want. I have attached the EZ-LS instructions anyway but you don't need it.

Attached Files:

3. Dart67

Dart67 Member

Thanks for the EZ-LS instructions Rich. You don't by chance have the wiring schematic also.

What I should have asked is, Can I use the 301312E EZ-LS GM Coil-Near Plug Ignition Controller IF I use the proper 24X or 58X trigger wheel and cam position sensor ?

I already have a Jeep Cam Position Sensor and an adapter that I have made for my 512/440.

I am interested in the EZ-LS controller because it comes with all the wiring harness and the product info says that it will interface with my XFI for ignition tuning.

It is also far less $$$ than a XIM that does not come with a harness.

Herb

4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Yes, I have the schematic too. I'll post that when I get back to the office. BTW: The XIM is also available with the harness.

Yes, the EZ-LS will work if you use a compatible 24x or 58x crank and the correct cam signal which is ONLY a 4X Cam signal. Your Jeep Cam sensor does not do that.

If you decide to buy the 301312E, I can do that too.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  5. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Here you go.

Attached Files:

6. Dart67

Dart67 Member

Thanks Rich.

If you don't recommend using the EZ-LS Ignition controller, could you point me it the right direction as far as what XIM and Harness to use to convert to coil near/on plug ingnition.

I have a MSD Crank Trigger and a Jeep Cam Position Sensor with an adapter for the RB engine.

I don't know if you remember, but I have a big block MOPAR 440/512.

Herb

Here is a photo of my "Home-Brewed" EFI before I hid all the wiring in the engine bay.

DSC01659.jpg

And one just for "FUN"

100_3793.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  7. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

What coils do you want to use?
    I usually use the 301311 kit which includes an LS harness. Don't worry about the LS 24X part - that is selectable with dip switches inside the XIM box. The harness needs to be modified slightly for the Mopar firing order but I have drawings on how to do that. It's not a difficult thing to do.

8. Dart67

Dart67 Member

I really don't know about the coils yet. I have been looking a stock LS1 coils.

9. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Stock LS coils are fine.

10. Turbobitt

Turbobitt Member

I don't think you need a 4x cam signal with a 58x wheel, at least not on an XIM. From what I'm told it only needs 1 and I have been using the 58x on XIM successfully with only a 1x cam sensor.
    AG.

11. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

You are correct with the XIM - I was referring to the EZ-LS version of the XIM.