Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

ezi efi 30226 ecu dead? probably...

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by WOPASS, Apr 2, 2016.

1. WOPASS

WOPASS New Member

Hey guys

been waiting for nearly a week for fast tech to get back to me, I'm in New Zealand so emails from here must be pretty slow... thought i would post here to see if i get any better help

so, first off the system i bought new from Atlantic speed and installed in 2012, had a few teething issues but got it all sorted and its been pretty fault free since then, baring in mind i hardly use the vehicle so its done maybe 200 hours driving since then.

the start of the problem goes something like this.

motor was running a bit *Banned**Banned**Banned**Banned* so thought i would plug the hand held in to see if there was any fault codes up, as i put the plug into the cig socket there was a sparking sound and the motor stopped in its tracks, the fuel pump stayed running and the injectors were pumping fuel hard core into the manifold, by the time i got the battery isolator, the motor was full of fuel and had to be drained out the plug holes and turned over by hand to get it all out... the story goes a lot more but ill leave it at that as it was all a bad day.

so after investigation the cig socket power pin was loose as hell and when i put the hand held plug in it fed 13v straight up the neg side of the plug, my bad!! so now it will run with the hand held plugged in but not well and barely runs with it unplugged, waaayyy over fueling. im picking i have burned the brains in the cpu and possibly the hand held as well?

what i need is a "yea man you killed it" or not from FAST guys and "we can send you a new one for $$" or not

any comments and laughs are welcome
    cheers guys

2. WOPASS

WOPASS New Member

o_Odo the FAST tech and sales guys look in here?

i probably need a new ECU, how hard is it to buy stuff from them??

still waiting for FAST replys...

3. RussellB

RussellB Member

Hey mate how did you get on - i think mine has done the same thing! looks like i may be shopping for a new ecu also..

4. WOPASS

WOPASS New Member

Thanks to the good guys at Atlantic speed I'm all go again. New ECU and rubber trembles when the key gets turned.