Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Fast 2.0 no start

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by WayneC, Mar 12, 2017.

1. WayneC

WayneC New Member

I installed my fast 2.0 and went thru set up wizard, got to fuel pressure and set it up and pump kicked on and pressured up the system and I set return on 43lbs. The problem is the truck will start but the fuel pump will not kick on again so it runs out of fuel immediately. Any suggestions on this problem. Went thru set up 4 times and it will pressure up every time but just wont kick on when I crank the truck

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Are you setting pressure by the analog gauge or the electronic fuel sensor? Is this an EZ EFI 2.0 system?

If this is the EZ EFI 2.0, you should be using the solid state fuel pump relay and pump harness. The green fuel pump wire is only used when the solid state relay isn't used.

3. WayneC

WayneC New Member

Yes it is a EZ Fast 2.0, I used everything that came with the kit including the fuel pump relay.

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

If the regulator is set too low, the ECU will immediately kick the fuel pump off. Be sure fuel pressure is getting to the FAST fuel pressure sender. The handheld might just be showing pressure for a second - the ECU needs to see pressure for several seconds. You may also have a fuel pressure code that needs clearing.

Be sure you have the correct fuel system selected with the handheld - return or non-return.

5. WayneC

WayneC New Member

Thank you AA ,I found the problem, a wire was pulled out of the relay. Running good now but I have a question. When the electric fans come on the truck nearly dies. Takes it a second to catch back up. Everything is run directly to the battery and alternator is putting out 14.9 volts. Any suggestions. Thanks

6. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Electric fans can pull a lot of amperage on start - three times normal running amps. You might need a larger battery and/or alternator. Stagger the temp for each fan so they don't turn on at the same time.