Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

FAST Dash voltage reading off.

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by CMD, Apr 23, 2018.

1. CMD

CMD Member

My FAST dash voltage reading is 2 volts lower than my laptop and Autometer voltage gauge after new XFI black box install with 2.05, replacing XFI 1.34 without ITC, which was working fine. I'm sure I probably missed something in the set up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks , CMD

2. Denis

Denis Member

The FAST ECU measures voltage on the yellow wire going to the ECU from the ignition switch. Measure the voltage on that wire and see what you have. My XFI never agrees with my Fluke meter, always a little low.

3. CMD

CMD Member

Thanks......I'll check that. So there are no adjustments to make as I had to do with the pressure sensors?

4. Denis

Denis Member

No adjustments to make. The calibration on the voltmeter is fixed.

5. silvernblack

silvernblack Member

Mine reads about 1.7 vdc low all the time. I took a voltage reading at the IGN connector and, YES, it reads about 1.7 vdc higher there than on the handheld indicator.

6. A A

A A Well-Known Member

The FAST EZ EFI 2.0 handheld should read the same voltage found on the ECU pink ignition sense wire. This is the wire the ECU/handheld gets its reading from. A lower reading on the handheld, than found on the ECU pink ignition wire, can indicate an ECU problem that will get progressively worse.

7. silvernblack

silvernblack Member

Hmm... My EZ-EFI 2.0 has read the same low reading since I installed it about 4.5 years ago. I will check my wiring to make sure it's nice and tight.

8. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Temporarily connect the pink ECU ignition wire directly to the positive battery terminal. The handheld should then read the same voltage as read at the battery terminals. Many people just add a relay to supply direct battery power to the pink ECU ignition wire.