Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Fast data dash not displaying any info

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by pupsvette76, Mar 19, 2019.

1. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

hey guys I just hooked up my fast data dash. I’m not getting any engine information in the dash. I have battery voltage but no info from the ecu no rpm or anything like that. Currently I have the can bus (twisted yellow and green) wires plugged in. I’m a little confused with that. Both the dash and the xfi computer have a male and female plug so I plugged on male and female pair from each together and I’m assuming that’s wrong because then I have no place for the resistors. Help me !!!

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

You have it wrong. Go to Help/Schematic and instruction sheets/FAST4-112 - FAST CAN Network.
    That explains it.

3. Fastmanefi

Also, enable CAN streaming

4. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Can you post the link because the help section in the data logged c com just says to plug both ends in and put resistors at both end. Which is impossible because you can’t plug two things into 1 plug at a time. And the xfi help section gives me the entire manual. Fast has the absolute worst instruction sheets and support. If it wasn’t for this forum and the people on it this would be a nightmare.

5. Fastmanefi

6. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

So I have the can cables plugged in as per the instructions. I have no rpm signal. I have the fuel hooked up to the grey and black wire and the oil pressure hooked up to the grey and red wire. I am seeing a voltage signal on the dash in the corresponding boxes. I also checked it’s operation by flipping the fuel pump on to see if the voltage signal changed and it did. Problem is that when I went into the laptop to change the title of the inputs on the dash and to set the sensor parameters and such. It won’t connect to the dash. I am using the micro usb cable plugged to the side of the dash. And I can’t connect it gives me an error message to make sure power is to the d200. What now?

7. Fastmanefi

Does the engine run and you're just not seeing the RPM on the dash?

8. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Yes the engine runs. No rpm on the dash though. Also cannot program the sensors because I can’t send updates to the dash via the usb cable because it won’t connect to it

9. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Bump. Anyone have an idea.

10. Fastmanefi

This is a real XFI 2.0 not a sportsman ... right? If so, you need to be at software version 2.051 and the ECU firmware flash should end in B9. If you are at 2.051 (Go to Help/About to see that), then link to the ECU and go to View/Display ECU Configuration. The correct firmware level is XFI_Flash_B9.xfi

11. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Yes it’s a xfi 2.0. If I need the software update where do it? Fast website? What about if I need a firmware update?

12. Fastmanefi

13. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Is it possible to copy and paste all values from my current calibration to those tables in order to keep the car in running condition

14. Fastmanefi

Your tune will read into the 2.051 software as-is. It's the new stuff that 2.051 added that you have to set.

15. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Will the car run? What happens if you don’t set these parameters?

16. Fastmanefi

Have you read the upgrade document on my web site?
    NO... DO NOT upgrade to 2.051 unless you go through EVERY screen!

17. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Yes I read it. It doesn’t say anything about whether the car will run and doesn’t have anything about drawbacks of not editing the tables. It just says the don’t default to logical values and you’ve been warned. That’s why I’m asking.

18. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Also can I update these tables without being connected to the cars ecu?

19. Fastmanefi

Assuming you have saved your current tune on your laptop, then reflashed the ECU in the car to B9, then yes you can bring in your old tune into 2.051 when offline and check/set all the screens, then save the new tune back to your laptop under a new name, connect to the car, and upload the new tune.

Your Text:
    Yes I read it. It doesn’t say anything about whether the car will run and doesn’t have anything about drawbacks of not editing the tables. It just says the don’t default to logical values and you’ve been warned. That’s why I’m asking.

My answer:
    Drawbacks. Your engine WILL NOT RUN unless you do this. Now I said it...

20. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Seems like a normal question to me. Being just as vague as these nonsensical fast instruction sheets doesn’t answer direct questions. Thank you for being direct on you last response.