Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Fast data dash not displaying any info

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by pupsvette76, Mar 19, 2019.

1. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

So back to the original question. Doing all these updates should get the dash online and fully functional?

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

Maybe. I can't say for sure, but most people are at 2.051 that use the dash.

3. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Ok so I got to it this morning. Read my tune saved it to the computer then I updated the xfi to 2.05 already had b9 firmware. Went through every change on the checklist as advised, the car starts but dies immediately. It’s also hard to start. The only part I wasn’t sure of was the ignition type. I have a a fast crank trigger, would that be considered an IPU?

4. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Also I wasn’t able to see if I was getting an rpm signal yet because the car won’t run long enough to catch it

5. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Ok so my car doesn’t run now. I followed the instructions to the T. I tried putting my ignition type as IPU, then ls24 tooth, then ls58 tooth. The car starts and dies. I should have bought Holley fuel injection instead of this garbage, nothing but problems with fast parts. Anyway my rant is over. I tried holding the throttle open a bit and it still didn’t stay running. So now what?

6. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

Did you any issue bringing in your old tune into 2.051?
    But send me the tune that you have first with some engine details.
    I can remote connect and tune it for you if you want.
    My email is rich@fastmanefi.com

7. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

There wasn’t any issues that I know of. But this is frustrating because this car was tuned by someone a month ago and was running like a top. It maxed out the fuel injectors and had a boost leak so I fixed the leak and upgraded the injectors but it was still running. Then I tried to get the dash working and add in the fuel and oil pressure and that lead to all this

8. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

So I can’t connect the laptop to the dash in order to configure it. Also I’m getting an rpm signal to the dash now but not in the form of a gauge but rather in the form of a digital number on the side of one of the display choices, there’s a display choice which has a few gauge faces and then has a table to the right of the screen with gives you numerical values of some other engine vitals. I get engine rpm in that table as a numerical value but not on a gauge. When I try to connect the dash to the laptop to configure and program it, I get a message that says to check power to the d200. I’m using the supplied usb cable to try and establish connection, and I cannot connect to it. Anyone have experience here to help me out

9. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Anyone? Anything? I guess I’m gonna need to spend an hour on hold waiting to talk to someone at tech line