Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

FAST dual sync new install

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by HKMustang99, May 16, 2017.

1. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

I haven't grounded any excessive wires. Did all as per instructions.

2. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

You were lucky sure.

3. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

Just a stupid question.

Do you have the tach signal between ecu and dual sync connected ?

And the same degrees set in the wizard as the dual sync - with the most vacuum - so that the ecu knows the actual degrees.
    Example 20 degrees.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

The dual sync is connected with the FAST harness only. The degrees set in the wizzard is 20 and i had a chance to set the dizzy at 20 with the ecu and fixed timing when engine ran. I didn't change setting in vaccum parameters

5. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Well. Today after doing lot of modifications on ground, harness , no start
    I disassembled the dizzy and i saw something wrong. The rotor tip is too near the cap and had damaged the cap. Rotor tip is not aligned to the center of the electric studs so i need to bend the rotor tip. After done that engine would crank better but never ran. Also, i saw that at low rpm while i crank the point led on the ez efi don't blink correctly. Some points missing and my timing light confirm that. I finally decided to remove fast dizzy and install old hei with rpm module and engine ran successfully. Do you know a good brand dizzy with same features than the fast dizzy to connect to the ezefi?

6. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

Glad to hear you found the problem. Perhaps the cap was installed wrong by accident. It happens.

I don't know of any alternative, but why not just get a new rotor (and cap).

7. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

I don't want to use this Fast dizzy any more because of the bad signal coming from inside the crank trigger i suppose. I'm gonna try to find an other dizzy with crank trigger but do you know if FAST dizzy use Hall Effect crank trigger style ?

8. Denis

Denis Member

The FAST Dual-Sync distributor is a hall effect device. The 12V going to it is for power to the hall effect devices used for cam and crank sync.

9. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Ok thank you denis. Next time i will check with a msd dizzy and inductive crank trigger. And i will use crank trigger input in the fast efi.

10. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Ok. Here are some news. I received a msd distributor with magnetic trigger. engine started but i need to open the throttle blade to help start. may be too much fuel in crank parameters setting. After start i lock timing to 20 degrees and with my timing light i see fluctuations on the damper. Light is not steady on 20 degrees. I think rotor phasing is not good so i ordered a new distributor cap to use as a spare. I will drill a hole to check phasing.