Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Fast dual sync no green light

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by JEMAN, Nov 22, 2017.

1. JEMAN

JEMAN New Member

Hello all, looking for some help. Running xfi on a sbf 306. Want to set up for 50 degree set up. Already changed the module under the cap to the 50 degree setting. Rotated the engine to 50 degrees on timing tape. Stabbed the dizzy in so that rotor was straight aft like instructions say. Pulled the connector off the fast e92 coil ( the orange and black wires) . Turn power on and rotate the base of the dizzy. The red light will come on multiple times as I turn the base but the green light never comes on. I have the base so the wire pigtail is out the front towards the accessories. I can not rotate the base a full 360 bc the pig tail locks up on the intake manifold. ( it is a fast multiport intake so should work) Any ideas how to get the green light to come on? The connector is connected, ground wire connected, and 12 volt switched wire is connected.

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Remove the distributor and turn it by hand while it's plugged in. The CAM LED only lights once per revolution.

3. JEMAN

JEMAN New Member

But if I remove the distributor and rotate the base until the light goes green how will I be able to install it bc I have rotated the base with it installed from where the pig tail out the bottom limits me on the drivers and passengers side of the intake manifold. So if the green light comes on anywhere else I will not be able to install it bc of interference with the intake manifold. I have the number 1 at 50 btdc and the rotor straight aft. I have seen from pictures online where other sbf's have the pigtail out the front so shouldn't mine be close to that too? I read somewhere ( I think it was turbonova ) that you have to jumper the red and black wire together at the crank connector if using a dual sync. I did not see anything in the instructions for that so I have not done that yet. Is that something I need to do?

4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Yes, you need to jump the red and black on the the crank harness. The online instructions mention this. The green LED is the cam that needs to happen 60 to 100 degrees BTDC of #1 compression stroke. That's all you really need to know. Follow these instructions and you'll be fine. You can re-index the distributor to almost any position.

Attached Files:

5. JEMAN

JEMAN New Member

Thank you for the file. I set the engine to 30 btdc and rotated the distributor until the green light came on. I than put the distributor in the block with the green light on. Rotated the engine towards the 50 btdc mark on balancer. Red light came on at 44 btdc. I will use this as my referance angle. Also my green and red light are both on at the very beginning of the red light coming on.The fast distributor did not come marked from summit as to which is #1. I am assuming that #1 Will be the post on the cap that my rotor is now sitting at? The rotor is above the 50 degree module area. The rotor is sitting towards the accessories at the 7 o'clock position instead of the 1 o'clock up by the intake manifold. Tried to load picture but won't allow me too

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  6. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Well? Does it start?

7. JEMAN

JEMAN New Member

I am hoping I can push it out the garage this weekend and try it. I have a 1 yr old so I am hoping to get some time away and crank it to try. I have been watching your site for a little over a year now. You tune some sweet cars. I have been planning on doing your email tuning once I get it driveable. It is a factory five 33 ford coupe and it is only a frame right now with running gear. Once I get the body and an alignment where i can drive it I am planning on doing your email tunes to get it right. Just trying to get it to idle and chevy everything before the body goes and makes it harder if not right

8. JEMAN

JEMAN New Member

Fastman- I pushed the car out today and it fired right up and idled great. Was way more than I expected for a first start. I only ran it for about 30 seconds bc it is only headers and j-pipes so I did not want to upset the neighbors to much on a Sunday. Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated. Once I get the body on and it can be driven i will be emailing to do the email tuning of it. It will prob be a little while before that stage though.