Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

FAST EZ EFI 1.0 convert to XFI Sportsman

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by chevyk10, Jun 23, 2016.

1. chevyk10

chevyk10 New Member

I've had the 1.0 EFI (never installed) and my brother talked me into ordering the XFI Sportsman to gain capability in tuning and so I can run the Dual Sync distributor (which I have). I've noticed a few issues (I just started installing this last night on my chevy K-10.)
    1. The fuel pump wiring harness does not match the harness on the XFI (kit came with In-line fast kit) 3 pin vs 4 pin with an extra green wire as a weather conncetor as well
    2. The O2 sensor wires are way to short
    3. I really don't understand what to do to get a "clean" tach signal
    4. The injector wires are marked "high impedence" instead of numbered as the instructions say

Any help would be appreciated!
    I'm assuming I will need to cut and splice, but I hate to do that with a new kit. I will use weather connectors though
    --I was hoping for an O2 sensor extension cable--

2. chevyk10

chevyk10 New Member

I called fast and they said the 1.0 was really not compatible with the XFI Soortsman (unlike their advertisement). The harnesses are very different. I do appreciate the reply. Now trying to fix a fuel pump issue. I could not get a good siphon into the inline pump. So I'm changing the tank to an EFI tank with an in tank pump.

Thanks again for the reply!

Chevy K10

3. chevyk10

chevyk10 New Member

Thanks for the information. I bought an aeromotive pump made for the application. I hope it works well. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AEI-11569

4. chevyk10

chevyk10 New Member

Yea sir! One things for sure I will never use an in line pump again. It's like I built a new truck. Had to make some modifications to the sending unit carrier to use the more robust wire they require.

Thanks for all the help!