Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Fast XFI 2.0 erratic 02 reading

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Blownnova72, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Blownnova72

Blownnova72 New Member

Thanks for the advice AA. Ordered a new Cap and phasable rotor. I will try the trick with the dielectric grease to make sure it touching. In the past i would just bend it up a little, maybe it wasn't enough.

2. cobrajet

cobrajet New Member

I had a similar problem with swinging AFRs, negligible loss of power, no detectable miss during a track event but my datalog was showing something wasn't right. Found that #5 spark plug had a cracked insulator around the plug boot area. Also, the plug was all sooty and fouled up.

3. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You may have bent it upward too much. The spring contact needs very little tension against the cap button - just barely touching it. These caps are notorious for the buttons wearing away to create a gap and burn up the rotor when the spring has too much tension on the carbon button. Once there is a gap, the rotor burns - along with the carbon button. Too much tension is just as bad as too little. That's why you just want to see the dielectric transfers.

Be sure to use a little Loctite on the Phasing rotor adjustment screws. They tend to loosen without it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  4. lazaris

lazaris Member

What timing was the rotor phased in at? Are you pulling or adding a lot of timing from your phased setting?

5. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

I always start with basic check. Happy to know i was on the good way blownnova