Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

First time start issue

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Fastnofast, May 16, 2017.

1. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Hi guys. It is the first time i install a ezefi 2.0 on a pontiac 400 cid with a fast 30402 kit. Everything seems to be ok. 43 psi on the screen, msd 6al is connected correctly. Crank signal is ok. Ecu give good signals on the led, no error. Spark is ok on the spark plug but... i read many instructions to install the fast dual sync distri and actually the engine don't want to start. I used the 30 degrees btdc installation without 12v dc, used 12vdc and rotor phasing with tdc and crank signal on the distributor and the same problem. I hear a little stroke but no start. I checked and rechecked all of instructions. It is a nightmare ! I have already install a xfi 2.0 on a corvette and it was a success but now i am tired !
    The only thing may be an issue is that i use an edelbrock performer rpm dual plane intake. Is it a problem ?
    Many help will be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Mickael

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

The dual plane is a problem, but it won't stop an engine from running.

3. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

What kind of problem ?

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Dual plane intakes create cylinder fueling issues and increase fuel reversion with TBI. This causes premature failure of the TBI mounted MAP sensor, and prevents the use of higher timing settings needed with TBI - which prevents lower stable idling. Single plane open plenums with their more equal runners don't cause these issues. The end result is a single plane intake will make more low-end torque and horsepower from idle and throughout the entire RPM range with TBI. Dual plane intakes are only for carburetors - they are designed to enhance carburetor venturi boosters. Fuel injection responds adversely to this effect.

5. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

So I would also need something like a Torker II on my standard Corvette 454. It should fit under the hood. I believe the standar intake is a dual plane.

Could be worse. It doesn't take that much work to change it.

6. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Jens. Yes, a single plane intake does give better performance with TBI - especially with aftermarket cams. A single plane should give you better performance and fuel mileage. With your stock cam, it may be difficult to notice, but the gains will be there.

7. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

I will try a new manifold and at some point a rebuild with rollercam and other godies....

8. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Just be sure to use an EFI cam to retain good vacuum (10 inches or better) for your EZ EFI 2.0 ECU.

9. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

AA - yes. I know :)

10. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Hi. Some news of my work. Changed intake manifold with a torker II single plane. Engine warmed, cranking is pretty good. idle is smooth. But when cold after a night. Hard to start. I need to push throttle blades a little to help start.
    Even after doing that, engine start after few revs.
    Any suggestions will appreciated.
    thanks

11. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

No suggestions ?
    AA? Sure you will help me :)

12. eagle1_77

eagle1_77 Member

Got it !
    I changed the main leads from battery to frame ground and 12 volts lead from battery to starter. Changed starter to. It was a MSD. I supposed too many cranking. Changed to a powermaster. Cranking rpm is high and voltage is ok. Start in 4 seconds !
    No need to hold throttle pedal while cranking.
    Very happy. Time to tune now :)