Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

FORD COP to LS style?

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Harmon154, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Harmon154

Harmon154 New Member

Ok so I have the ford Cop and they seam to work pretty well on my set up.

E85 turbo mod motor is the set up. XFI+XIM. brisk plug equivalent to 7 heat range. above 20 psi I have to run around .018-.020 gap to make a clean pull.

Friends car runs with *Banned**Banned**Banned**Banned* near near the same setup other than has LS coils. runs .025 - .028 pulls clean to 30 psi.

Cant remember if the main harness needed some thing changed to run those coils or just the short coil harness and coils and setting parameters in program.

let me know thanks

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

To run LS coils, or even better the XR-1A coils, only the coil harnesses change together with a small tuning change as well.

3. Harmon154

Harmon154 New Member

don't happen to know the part number for the hanrness for the normal ls style coils do you? the XR-1A coils are sure spendy.

does this require harness all the way to XIM to change? that is part i could not remember

4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

There is no harness for that. You buy 24" pigtails that plug into the coils (like from EFI Connection) and then the two connectors that match to the XIM coil connectors and wire it up yourself. Most people want to do that to keep things clean.

Obviously, if you were using LS coils you could use the GM LS coil harnesses, but OEM stuff like this is not very pretty and most have the two connectors exiting in the center of the head rather than out the back so the XIM connectors may not reach.

5. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

You could also use the Ford Coyote injector harness which uses one coil connector, cutoff that connector, and wire in the normal two connectors for LS applications. I have all the parts for this. See attached schematic info.

Attached Files:

6. Harmon154

Harmon154 New Member

thanks for the info. I will just end up wiring up the coil harness.