Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

fuel pressure switch

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by jaros44sr, Dec 1, 2018.

1. jaros44sr

jaros44sr Member

any help for pressure switch in fuel tank, directions from FAST leave a lot to be desired, one paragraph. Wiring schematic?

Fuel pump is from a 2000 Chevy pu

2. Caprimaniac

Caprimaniac Member

What is the switch supposed to do? Fuelpump on and off?
    How is the switch going to get it's input? By a pressure sensor?
    A pressure sensor normally goes into the fuel lines; couple of different setups possible.

3. jaros44sr

jaros44sr Member

Good questions, that I don't have a clue to the answers, just don't know if I need a pressure switch in case of over pressure in the tank

here is the fuel pump I'm using

[​IMG]20181203_083757

4. jaros44sr

jaros44sr Member

You can just see it above the cylindrical aluminum part

[​IMG]20181203_084741

5. Caprimaniac

Caprimaniac Member

If there is a chance of pressure in tank getting to high(???) and this is an OEM type sensor, I suggest you figure out what the switch do in the OEM Application and translate that into Your XFI- veichle. If you also figure out what kind of signal the switch gives (ON/OFF or else?), you can use the signal on one of the inpust on the XFI to shut Down the system or even on a relay shutting Down the pump or the engine, or whatever.

If not; leave the sensor alone and drive...

6. fabr

fabr Member

Is it possible that switch is actually the roll over shut down switch. If it gets fuel on it the pressure increases on the switch above atmospheric and shuts down the pump? Just a guess.

7. jaros44sr

jaros44sr Member

8. A A

A A Well-Known Member

This is a fuel tank pressure sensor. It only monitors negative and positive fuel pressure in the tank.

9. fabr

fabr Member

AA gets the prize. The fuel tank pressure sensor is part of the fuel pump assembly and is mounted on top of the tank or inside the tank. It's part of the evaporative emissions system (commonly referred to as “EVAP”) and reads pressure in the fuel system to detect evaporative leaks, such as a loose or faulty gas cap.

10. jaros44sr

jaros44sr Member

Thanks guys for the help, now I'll just search wiring diagrams to hook it up