Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Fuel presure sensor

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by 427snake, Mar 13, 2017.

1. 427snake

427snake New Member

My Fuel Presure gauge say 45psi but the sensor say 23 psi.
    what is wrong?
    The ECU tell me this.

Attached Files:

2. Lance

Lance Member

The first image you posted is an aux. analog sensor calibrated for fuel pressure; Forget this one...best to rename this to something that wont be confused with the internally calibrated fuel pressure sensor which brings us to... The second image is of the proper calibration for the internally calibrated fuel pressure sensor. If you bleed all pressure from rail, does it read 0?

3. 427snake

427snake New Member

Hi Lance
    thanks for your info.
    I found the correct Data to adjust aux. analog sensor calibrated for fuel pressure
    it is
    Sensor gain 32
    Sensor offset -16
    and now it works correct.

4. Lance

Lance Member

If you're using "Sensor Gain" and "Sensor Offset" for fuel or oil pressure on a XFI 2.05 system, that is not correct. Fuel and Oil pressure should be calibrated from the sensor calibration menu, not the Aux. Analog Sensor Setup. If you calibrate these as Aux. Analog Sensors, you will not be able to use them for any internal functions.

5. 427snake

427snake New Member

Hi Lance

I use part Nr.PN301410
    Fast say you must set the Sensor Gain and Sensor Offset and it use aux1. i do this.
    But if i read the fuel psi on the dash from Laptop it says 49-50 psi fuel presure but if i read it on the E dash that i use its read just 23-30 psi Fuel presure
    What the hell is wrong.

Attached Files:

6. Lance

Lance Member

You need to set up fuel pressure in the sensor calibration menu. From the top menu bar, go to [View | System Configuration | Sensor Calibration | Fuel Pressure Sensor Calibration]. Enter "0.51" for 0 PSI and "3.63" for 100 PSI.

Do not use the auxiliary analog sensor setup for fuel pressure and oil pressure monitoring as fuel and oil pressure sensors have dedicated functionality in ECU. In fact you should probably just clear the names for the first two aux. analog sensors as leaving them labeled fuel and oil pressure may cause some confusion as there will be two fuel and oil sensors in the list of sensors. I just leave them as "AUX Analog 1" and "AUX Analog 2" then ignore them.

7. 427snake

427snake New Member

hi Lance

it doesent work. if i calibrate to the Data you say it show me at 0,51 14 psi and at 3,63 78 psi and the engine runs very lean. the manuel gauge say 45-42psi and that is correct. i check this with two other gauges. Now i calibrat it 1 for 0 psi and 3,5 100 psi and on the laptop it says when engine is running 42-45 psi but when i install the e-dash it say on the e-dash 23-26 psi. cant understand that.