Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Fuel pump speed controller

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by J-440, Mar 18, 2018.

1. J-440

J-440 Member

I am wanting to install an Aeromotive fuel pump speed controller. Do I in any way need to change any parameters to my ECM? I have a FAST XFI with duel sync distributor. Thanks.

2. Turbobitt

Turbobitt Member

Quick answer is no, but you do have some options you can entertain. For example, you can use one of the auxiliary outputs to switch the pump to high(or full speed) at a certain TPS level. or whatever auxiliary output parameter you want to select.
    FWIW, the Aeromotive controller is nice but it needs a really good 12 volt square wave tach output to get the variable speed function to work. I wasn't able to get that to work for me so I just use it on low speed and switch it to high with one of the auxiliary outputs so its automatic. Aeromotive has a separate technical document that they released on the proper wiring and troubleshooting for the controller separate from the instructions and is worth reading.
    AG.

3. J-440

J-440 Member

So there's a feature in my parameters that can control the speed of my pump via the ECM? Sweet. Where would that be if you don't mind?

4. Turbobitt

Turbobitt Member

I’m going on memory but I believe the Pump controller has a lug that can be grounded to turn on to full speed that lug can be wired to one of the outputs on the XFI. I don’t have the wire diagram or access to the XFI help file at the moment so I’ll have to post that later.
    AG

5. Russ67scode

Russ67scode New Member

There is a simple fix for the square wave tach signal It’s on the Aeromotive web site. 1 resistor and a capacitor. Mine would just shut off cycle power and would run fine for a while then pressure all over the place and shut off