Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Gen VI 454 Roller Cam with #3149KT and #217 Two Piece Cover

Discussion in 'COMP Cams Support Forum' started by Duffer, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Duffer

Duffer New Member

My goal is to use the oem roller cam setup with retainer plate and have an accessible and adjustable cam timing option on a 454 Gen VI.

Your 3149KT is an adjustable oem style single roller chain set for the oem camshaft and retainer plate.

I also want to use the two piece cover #217 made for the 6 bolt Gen VI pattern.

Will the cover bolt on to the spacer and have clearance to the timing components??

The install sheet says you must convert to the old style double roller chain and gears as well as camshaft and use a thrust button.

Why?? Thanks

2. Duffer

Duffer New Member

Well looks like these guys did it back in 2002. They were using a BLP racing 2 piece cover. I contacted BLP racing and they confirmed that their cover is the same piece as the Comp #217.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/93620-project-454-ho-engine-part-iii/

Although this cover is made for using an older style double roller in the GenVI it will allow the use of the oem style chain and gears based on the above article. It would be nice if the product info sheet included that information. Im going to purchase one and mock it up and if it works it gives the dyno tuner easy access for altering cam timing.