Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

GN XFI BHJ Balancer Issues

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by pe_turbo, Apr 27, 2018.

1. pe_turbo

pe_turbo New Member

Good afternoon,

Trying to verify timing on a Buick GN with a BHJ Balancer. Customer says reluctor was pressed on at BHJ. I've searched Google and found a couple references to that specific combo but I'm not connecting the dots somewhere.

If I set the Crank Reference at 35 degrees, the XFI to 12 degrees, and the light at 12 degrees, the large timing mark on the wheel is at zero on the indicator like it's supposed to be, this is with the Ignition set to Buick DIS in the XFI. I uncheck the static timing box and go back to my base timing table to bring the car to max vacuum at idle. No matter what I do, the actual timing PID read 41 degrees and never moved despite making changes to the table. I couldn't hear any changes in the car while changing the timing either. I shut the system down and brought it back up to make sure something wasn't stuck. Same thing. I tried IPU rather than Buick DIS but it sounded like it was trying to run backwards. Crank sensor appears to be correct. With the reference angle set to 10, the car has max vacuum at 19 degrees of timing which is close to the other Buick's I've tuned and the car runs ok with the timing table like that but I'd like to make sure it's 100% before it leaves my shop. I'm sure it's something I'm forgetting, we all have those days LOL.

Thanks!

2. pe_turbo

pe_turbo New Member

Fixed it, thx!