Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Handheld Mount

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by kpanza, Aug 29, 2017.

1. kpanza

kpanza Member

Does anyone use a different mount for the handheld screen? I have a RAM mount for my cell phone that works awesome, even off road, was wondering if anyone used one, and which one? I know I saw something mentioned somewhere about what "size" GPS was compatible or something? If anyone knows that I'd appreciate it! I am sure the novelty of the screen will wear off (and I'll want to hide it from looky-loos), but I think having another gauge reference is always handy!

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

I used a Velcro holder taped to one of mine. Worked great. I could just pull it off when needed and it stuck back in place easily. The supplied bracket never held to the windshield well. One supplied bracket turned loose and caused a scratch on the screen of one handheld. The Velcro tape adhesive was kind of messy to remove when I finally stopped using it, but probably would have lasted indefinitely.

Now, I seldom plug them up except for changes or to check settings..

3. kpanza

kpanza Member

Yeah, I could so the Velcro, but I love those Ram mounts...they hold incredibly well and can attach them anywhere along my roll cage...so adjustable.

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

My handheld screens have never worn, and if the factory holder had been better - the one wouldn't have that scratch, and both would still look new. The RAM mount sounds good if it holds well - especially when off-road. The Velcro never failed me while I used it, but Velcro gives no tilt option if you don't have a high visibility place for it.

5. kpanza

kpanza Member

This one is made specifically for our handheld (in the FAST manual, it states the HH is same as Nuvi 2455LT GPS)... http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-GA34U
    Then you just pick the base that will work best in your setup...for my roll cage, one like this: http://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-SB-187U

I have another Ram mount that holds my smartphone, and it's never fallen out or even gotten loose while off roading or normal driving. I usually offroad without the doors on, so I need something I can count on to hold it in place, and these definitely do! And so adjustable, can get the perfect angle you need...I think they are great! And made in USA!