Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

I give up back to carb

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by 70elcy, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Turbopowered68

Turbopowered68 New Member

2. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

To bad you give up. I am very satisfied with my 2.0 system.

Works great. No pinging and easy start every time. Always let the O2 sensor heat before start as it makes it start straight away.

I would give I a chance. Make sure base timing is correctly set. Do a 3 time reset and start all over with the wizard.

3. 70elcy

70elcy New Member

I put a sniper system on it. Have driven it around 100 miles with no problems. It did have a dead tps out of the box but I replaced it with the ac delco one i had on the fast tbi. Ill have the fast unit for sale for parts. I would feel guilty selling it as a functioning unit but its basically all new

4. RussellB

RussellB Member

What was the TPS issue? was it not reading right or not at all? (i have also ironically ditched my FAST system for a Sniper)

5. 70elcy

70elcy New Member

It was reading 30% all the time. Its a common gm part and fairly cheap. Good luck with your setup

6. CWPottenger

CWPottenger Member

Shame you had an issue with your FAST. The sniper just appears to be a copy of the FiTech unit.

7. 70elcy

70elcy New Member

Not sure how it compares to the fitech but it works very well

8. 65Bowtie

65Bowtie New Member

I am having problems with my XFI system as well and am on the verge of reverting back to a carb. $1400 in tuning between two different local shops and its still not right, by a long shot. Trying one more time with a online tuner but am getting tired of throwing good money after bad just to watch my vehicle sit in the garage summer after summer. As of now this is by far the worst decision I have ever made for this vehicle.

9. A A

A A Well-Known Member

A percentage of elusive problems can be traced back directly to incorrect timing. If you don't get the timing right with FAST EZ EFI, the computer can't properly map the fuel tables. Timing has to be correct for the compression and fuel grade. XFI models, with the exception of XFI Street, adjust timing alongside the fuel maps. Timing has to be set by the user/tuner with EZ EFI models. If you don't set the proper timing and use the correct grade of fuel, expect problems. I'm an old guy and had always run and raced carbs including variable venturi carbs. Every engine typically has certain timing parameters it likes best. You have to find these first with EZ EFI. Oh, the engine might seem to run fine now and then - but it isn't until the entire timing range is correct. Only then, will EZ EFI systems correctly map the fuel tables using their adaptive learning so they can be fine tuned. Running a dual plane intake with TBI just exacerbates such problems as it won't allow proper engine timing - not to mention the fuel reversion and cylinder fueling problems it will cause.