Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Idle speed not sticking

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by sschroeder, Apr 13, 2017.

1. sschroeder

sschroeder New Member

I'm trying to tune a new XFI Sportman system and have run into a problem where the idle speed vs. coolant temperature keeps changing on it's own. I'll go into the table and adjust it so the idle is about 800 rpm when warmed up. But after every couple of start/stop cycles it resets itself to about 1,000 rpm. I don't get it. I can set it, shut down the motor, start it back up again several times in it's fine. Then the next time it'll be back up to 1,000 rpm.

What am I doing wrong? I have noticed that when I try to write the tables back to the ECU, even though it tells me I'm about to overwrite what's in the ECU, when it's done, it will say 0 of 1792 bytes in the dialog box.

Steve

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

If it says 0 bytes changed, then it didn't change anything. The program you are reading is the same as what's in the ECU.

3. sschroeder

sschroeder New Member

That's what I thought. Which is kind of secondary to why the CTS vs Idle speed is changing on its own.