Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Individual cylinder control

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by wabco40, Dec 11, 2017.

1. A A

A A Well-Known Member

No, this site is having major problems, it started in June by not allowing any new members at that time. Posting replies is also difficult at times/ Sounds like a good plan you have there. I don't know if Richard has read this - it took ten minutes for me to just bring the site into view. I hope you have a Merry Christmas as well.

2. Caprimaniac

Caprimaniac Member

The "problem" here is the manifold design. Most Box/ ram intakes With a front mounted TB have design flaws... It has to have some design features to even out air- Draw and fuel robbing tendencies. The rear cylinders are the ones to rob most fuel and get less fresh air. Some desingers have got the manifolds right, for instance the Holley 2- piece ram manifolds have a tapering (less area) front to back which helps a bunch. You can alos have Ridges etc inside the Box to fix the problem.

And yes- you should use the individual cylinder tuning to get rid of it.

The problem is persistent in low RPM only. So what I did was some testing.... I ended up With correcting up to 3500 rpm-
    At 1100 rpm +5% at cyl 1 and 5, 0% at 2 and 6, - 15% at 3 and 7 and the two rearmost start at -20%. At 3500 all are 0 except 4 and 8 which have -2.5%, and it falls off gradually inbetween.

3. wabco40

wabco40 New Member

Thanks. I'm keeping an eye on the plugs to see how things are going. So far it's a vast improvement from when oil was being sucked in from one of the rocker studs.
    There is still some small difference between how the plugs are burning. Currently working on the tune with Richard so will look into cylinder correction later in the tune.
    You have got 25% difference between cyl 1, 5 and the rear cylinders. I didn't think it would take that much to even all the cylinders out.

4. Caprimaniac

Caprimaniac Member

Yes, 25%. The front cylinders had white plug tips- lean. the 2. row normal tanned, and more sooty toward the rear.

Plugs og much better after the mod.
    But, to be honest, I have not studied the plugs closely after the mod. But then again- the car has seen little street driving the last two Seasons- mostly track use, where WOT- performance are what matters. And it Works good...!!! (So good that I've torn apart 3 differentials- and NeXT year I have to tune it DOWN by using street- tires at the track.)

5. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Some original equipment manufacturers simply run two different heat ranges of plugs to correct for this.