Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Irradic AFR

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by 68 Rat Camaro, May 31, 2019.

1. 68 Rat Camaro

68 Rat Camaro New Member

I have an EZ EFI 2.0 running E85. For the winter I switch the fuel screen to gas and dump in 5 gal. of Avgas LL100 for storage. Then when it warms up (In Nebraska, could be Feb, could be June unfortunately), I switch back to E85. On E85, I notice my AFR constantly bouncing from 8 to 14. The car seems to run fine. Could the little bit of lead in the LL100 have contaminated my O2 sensor?

2. fabr

fabr Member

A definite possibility.FWIW,IF your fuel system is closed (no where for air to enter when shutdown for the winter)there is no reason to worry about the E85 in your system.No need to add anything at all. I have stored buggies all humid here winter and drums for over 2 years with absolutely no water absorbed or degradation of the E85. Yes,I do test each tank full. However IF you are using pump E85 which could have absorbed some water I would drain the system completely and then run the engine till it runs out for winter storage. Just my experience and 2 cents.

3. 68 Rat Camaro

68 Rat Camaro New Member

Sorry, haven't been back to see your response. The fuel system is closed except for the vented cap, but it sets in my unheated garage all winter. Condensation is soo bad, it makes the cast iron heads, block, brake rotors, everything get a layer of rust by spring. Even the aluminum gets a white film. I'll try a new O2 and see if it calms down. Thanks

4. fabr

fabr Member

Ditch the vented cap for the winter.Just use the ventilated cap when actually driving it. Then ventilate the garage.