Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Is EZ-EFI E85 Compatible? Answer Needed!

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Proredpuller, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Proredpuller

Proredpuller New Member

I need to know if the EZ-EFI system is compatible with pump E85? I'm running a 347 SBF with 12.2:1 compression on the street - presently runs decent on E85 but due to the variance I tune and tune and re-tune to keep things in balance. Have been considering trying the EZ-EFI system - especially if it can deal with E85 and its variations. What a blessing it could be!!! Motor makes right at 510HP on the dyno so one must consider the flow capability of the EZ-EFI injector sizes in addition to fuel type and O2 sensor compatibility. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. bluzman2004

bluzman2004 Guest

No it isn't compatible with e85. Even if it was the additional flow that would be needed for e85 would really drop the horsepower rating of the system. On gasoline the injectors will support 600hp on e85 that would drop by 10 to 30 percent.

3. Proredpuller

Proredpuller New Member

Shoot! I was afraid of that. Out of curiosity, do you know what the compatibility issues are? I recognize and acknowledge the injector flow issue but what is stopping the rest of the assembly from being compatible? of course this assumes the fuel pump, lines, regulator, etc. are all compatible - do you know what in the actual throttle body/injectors limitations are with regards to E85?

Lastly, do you know of any other aftermarket "inexpensive" EFI system that will work with E85?

Thanks a bunch for the help.

4. bluzman2004

bluzman2004 Guest

The crossover lines we use for the fuel rails and O-rings on the connectors are not compatible. I also think that the difference in the specific gravity of the fuel might come into play with the speed density calculations, too. It would be able to tune it out eventually, but it wouldn't be right.
    I know our XFI system will run E85. It has a place in the software to enter a fuel constant to correct for different fuels like e85, straight methanal and mixes. Other than that, I don't know of anything that I have experience with.

5. Proredpuller

Proredpuller New Member

Makes sense... thanks for taking the time to explain it. Sincerely appreciated. Will spend some time looking into the XFI system.