Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Log Overlay Football Traces ???

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by fabr, Apr 12, 2018.

1. fabr

fabr Member

When I overlay a log onto any of the tables I have a white line trace of the football of the entire log. It is like someone scribbled all over the table to the point it is unreadable. Any way to correct this? As it is it is impossible to use.

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

The point is to show you where the engine was at each data log point. As you move around in the log the football shows you the vacuum and RPM that was in effect at that time.

3. fabr

fabr Member

log 001.jpg This is normal?

4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Yep. Make shorter logs and they will make more sense.

5. fabr

fabr Member

Is there a way to cut small sections from a long log to view and overlay individually?

6. crash520

crash520 Member

Yep highlight the area, right click and zoom

7. fabr

fabr Member

That doesn't work. Yes,that allows zooming in on the log but it does not overlay on the table just the area zoomed in on. It still shows the entire logs football trace on the table making the table unreadable.

8. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Turn off some of the parameters you are logging. All of them aren't needed.

9. fabr

fabr Member

That has no bearing on the question I asked. I asked if the white line traces of the path the football takes around a table when overlayed with a log can be removed so that with long logs the table values can be read instead of being unreadable as my pic shows. Apparently not. What I was wanting to do was log multiple 3rd gear pulls at differing rpms/throttle positions with one log session but since the white line traces obliterate the table that isn't really possible.

10. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

So just make shorter individual logs as I suggested above.

11. fabr

fabr Member

I understand what you said. You guys don't understand what I'm saying. Fast SHOULD have incorporated a feature that would allow a person to make a longer log,take a snippet of that log ,save it and overlay just that snippet over the table instead of the entire log. Thanks everyone for the replies and I do appreciate it.