Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Looking for the right tablet for tuning xfi 2.0

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by pupsvette76, Jul 30, 2017.

1. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 New Member

hey guys I'm looking to find an alternative way of tuning my xfi 2.0. I want to get something that can be dedicated to tuning and also want to avoid using my full size laptop for tuning. I've heard of guys using tablets as there digital dash as well. I'm looking for either a tablet or like a mini laptop. I'm not much of a techie so i may not be using the right terms. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You just need something with a small amount of RAM. Nothing expensive.

Just get one with a Windows operating system from anywhere between $150-$250. Walmart has them.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  3. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 New Member

What do you suggest? In terms of ram. Is there a specific model or type that's better or easier to use or perhaps cheaper? At the $150-$200 dollar range I'm not really concerned with price I bought the edash for a lot more than that and the edash does nearly nothing.

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Most of them have more than 3-4 Gb. of RAM - which is more than enough. Just pick a brand you like that offers the reliability you want. The more expensive ones mostly just lose the "cheap" feel and look, and usually have a larger processor that allows them to work faster. As for external ports and accessories - a mouse (if it doesn't have a good touchpad for right and left clicks) and a good USB port.

5. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 New Member

Ok so I picked one out. But I have noticed the smaller laptop/tablets do not have a cd rom tray. How will I get the c-com tuning program onto the tablet. Is there a program download available somewhere?

crash520 likes this.
  6. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

7. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You can also network to another computer you have the install file on and download and install it.