Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

MALFUNCTIONING IAC???

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by 78 F150, Aug 9, 2018.

1. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Man, he really comes up with the excuses. Probably didn't pay his power bill last month.

He's subject to use any or all of the following or some other variation. It all adds up to deadbeat.

His mommy and daddy cut off his allowance, his disability check was lost in the mail, he didn't get his federal tax rebate, his dog ate the paperwork for his workload, he can't work because he's upset that dog also ate his cat, his girlfriend left him, he got a Charlie horse in his leg, he has developed tendonitis and has to see the doctor daily, his doctor has advised him to take a month off in the Bahamas, his flight back from the Grateful Dead tour was cancelled, his grandmother needs him to help her at home during her pregnancy, his godson in Nambia is graduating to advanced email phishing and he has to attend the ceremony in person, he has to repair the milking machine at his sick brother's farm in the U.K., he's suffering from ED and his meds prevent him from doing any physical labor, the Three Stooges reruns are on TV and he can't leave the couch, his dog ate the remote to his TV and he has to stay at home until the new one arrives, he's involved in a lawsuit against Proctor and Gamble after having a reaction to using their hemorrhoid crème, he's in quarantine at home after exposure to herpes, an illegal immigrant stole his place at the corner he panhandles from - so now he has to bicycle to a new corner on the other side of town, they moved the free food mission down the road and it takes him all day to get there for a meal, multiple family members have passed away this month and he has had to attend each funeral. ICE knocked on his door and he's afraid to go to work, he's has diarrhea from his PTSD due to losing his favorite pen pal, he has bad gas and the bus driver won't let him ride the bus to work, the dog ate the crib sheets he was going to use to pass his citizenship exam and he has to remember what to say, he having flashbacks from the LSD he took as a teen after quitting school, his common law wife and the state have a warrant for his arrest due to non-payment of child support - and they know where his shop is.

Last but not least, he has a US address and number, but he is actually a citizen and permanent resident of India.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 at 2:47 AM
  2. 78 F150

78 F150 Member

You're right, he really does come up with the excuses. Here's his latest excuse I just received from him........

I did get power back on Sunday. From one of my long-term customers I got an emergency repair to do which I am almost done with. I will be working on your heads again this evening and we'll have them completed no later than this weekend. I will talk to you sooner if I finish them if not I will talk to you Friday night thanks Henry.

Not sure what to believe anymore. All I know is I'm tired of waiting for my heads to be done! This is some B.S.!!!!! I'm beyond pi$$ed!!!!!

3. gremlinmt

gremlinmt Member

So annoying. I feel for you man.

78 F150 likes this.
  4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

This guy wouldn't want my business. One way or another he'd end up in a world of pain. What he just said was you and your business doesn't matter. The word needs to go out on this creep. He should be blackballed from any work. There is nothing professional about him. Wouldn't surprise me if he spends most of his time drunk. He farmed out the welding, and I'll bet he's trying to farm out the rest of the machine work. Note: "I and we'll". The actual machining takes almost no time - it's just precision work.
    I wouldn't trust him any further than I could spit.

5. 78 F150

78 F150 Member

So he sent me a couple pictures last night of the valve seats. The valve job is done. All he has left to do is drill and tap the spark plug holes and assemble the valves. So that's progress, finally!!!

I totally understand what you mean by stating my business doesn't matter. That's exactly the same message I got when he told me about the emergency repair. I was pi$$ed off all day yesterday because of this crap. But I do feel better this morning knowing he's working on my heads now and making progress. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's finally getting a little brighter. As you can tell, I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.

6. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Cutting the valve seats takes all of fifteen minutes when done by an experienced machinist. You just set the table up for the two sets of valve angles (in canted valve heads) and quickly do each set. It still doesn't take that much time if done by hand using a pilot in the guide. I would have done all the plug hole machining first for several reasons. I have a class A machinist rating from working in a machine shop one summer during my school years. My class A rating meant I could do anything, and I was offered a job keeping up the engines on a sea faring ship at the time. Obtaining my degrees in computer science and electrical engineering meant more to me.

He's baiting you along like this is some really hard work. It's not. Good shops don't keep employees around that can't get standard work out in a timely fashion per work operation. I certainly wouldn't keep him around. At the rate he's going, expect another two weeks and two more until he decides to ship. Don't forget this, he's a bum.