Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Missing Parts?

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by kpanza, Aug 6, 2017.

1. kpanza

kpanza Member

I went to assemble the fuel hoses from tank to TBI this evening, and as I have been doing since I started the install on my EZ 2.0 Master kit (with Master fuel pump kit also), I look at the parts list and diagrams before I start. Turns out I am missing one of the 54023C fittings (-6AN to -8 SAE o-ring)...there are supposed to be 4, I only have 3. I looked and looked, opened every remaining bag - which is where I oddly found the 3rd one, packaged with the throttle cable stud?

Anyways, I will attempt to get through to FAST on Monday, but was tempted to just order one online (Summit, etc) and get it delivered Monday or Tuesday so I can get this section finished. No one seems to carry that exact part # (is labeled on the bags 54023C, also in the parts list as same). I did find this one on Summit, same fitting sizes, but different FST part #? :

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/fst-30281-1/overview/

Is that the same thing?

Summit brand fitting, 1/2 price of the FST brand:

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/sum-220167b

Thanks if anyone can confirm...this is the first missing part I've come across so far, and believe me, I searched every box, every bag, under the foam, everywhere! About 5 times...

I've got the Dual Sync in, the TBI mounted, all the throttle and TV cables done, etc, just need to finish the fuel hose routing and then get on the wiring harness...seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...

2. kpanza

kpanza Member

I went on FAST website, it looks like the 30281-1 part # is the one they list for that fitting. I found a Russell fitting (670640) on Amazon for about $12, getting it free Prime shipping on Monday. I'll do the three hose sections I can with what I have, finish the last one next week. Hopefully no more surprises!

3. A A

A A Well-Known Member

The way Prime is working, I wouldn't count on Monday if AMZ/L is the shipper. The river store has become extremely unreliable - whether or not you pay extra for Prime. You could have gotten one on eBay as easily as from Summit. Summit ships the same day on orders placed before 3 PM - sometimes on orders placed later than 3 PM. I get a number of the AN fittings I need by just looking for a reliable seller close by on eBay - usually have those within three days with standard USPS, UPS, or FedEx. The closer the eBay shipper is to you, the sooner the part usually gets to you. I have gotten a few things, from eBay sellers in my state, the next day using standard shipping. If the Summit store in the state next to mine has the part in stock, ordering Monday before 3 PM, I always have the part the next day.

4. kpanza

kpanza Member

Yeah, I almost always use Summit, I get it the next day (Sparks, NV warehouse is really close to us here in CA)...I just didn't want to pay the $9 shipping/handling fee on a $12 item, when I could pay no shipping with our Prime account. Yeah, the AMZ/L can bring some interesting individuals delivering things, but I've yet to have anything arrive past the day promised.

5. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Lol, that shipping fee. That's why I always put my Summit orders together - to get the $99 free shipping. That's also what got me started using eBay.