Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Msd 6al-2 and fast sportsmen

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Johnny nitro, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Johnny nitro

Johnny nitro New Member

Will a msd 6al-2 work with a fast sportsmen with a dual sync and do you wire it like msd says to with a magnetic pickup? I currently using E6 box but I need a 2 step and E6 box has no 2 step or a way to wire in a 2 step!

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

MSD 6AL-2 works fine with the Dual Sync and Sportsman. The Dual Sync connects to the FAST ECU harness connection. The MSD 6AL-2 magnetic pickup harness is not used in this setup. The ECU harness "Points Output" connects to the MSD 6AL-2 "Points Input" wire.

Johnny nitro likes this.
  3. crash520

crash520 Member

My FAST EFI Sportsman has a "valet" mode which is a two step

Johnny nitro likes this.
  4. Johnny nitro

Johnny nitro New Member

It looks like it would work if it reacts quickly! How come all the techs at fast I talked to could not come up with [VALET] mode!!! Now to find that aug #1 wire! Thanks crash520

5. crash520

crash520 Member

Well I hope it works as that's how I'm planning on using it!!! Brian who is on here pointed it out so I can't take the credit

Johnny nitro likes this.
  6. Johnny nitro

Johnny nitro New Member

What color is the aug #1 wire. Thanks again!

7. A A

A A Well-Known Member

I believe the wire labeled "Configurable Input" is the one you're looking for. You have to enable the function in the C-COM software - 18.1 Aux. Input Options & 18.1.1 Aux. Input Options

It's an unused gray/black wire in the ECU harness. When configured, the wire activates the feature when grounded.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Johnny nitro likes this.
  8. Johnny nitro

Johnny nitro New Member

Yes! I found it ! Now to hook it up! Thanks again!!!