Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Need help wiring and setting up auxiliary inputs

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by pupsvette76, Mar 15, 2019.

1. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 New Member

hey guys I have a 72 Chevy nova sbc with 355 an 88mm turbo and fast xfi 2.0. I added a fuel pressure sensor, and want to add a oil pressure sensor as inputs to the fast system. I have a fast datalogger dash I’m going to display everything on. My question is how do these inputs get wired into the system and how do they get programmed in. I can’t find anything in the Manual about it, in fact I just re downloaded the manual and it’s missing the entire section(23.0) about auxiliary inputs. I already have the sensor installed and the weather pack connector set up just need to know where to wire the harness in. I also bought the option harness 301402 from fast

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

It depends on whether you are at 2.01 or 2.05. In 2.05 the Oil and Fuel pressure sensors were added to the Sensor Calibration section and are no longer configured in the File/Aux Input section. These 2 sensors are preconfigured to use the Analog connector. Oil pressure is Pin A and Fuel pressure is Pin B. Any additional analog sensors go on from there and are configured under File/Aux Inputs. These are 0-5V inputs so get the sensor ground (black) and 5V reference (red) from the Map sensor plug.

3. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 New Member

I’ve had my system for about 2 years I think I have 2.01. Where can I find the analog connector is this something I need to buy separately or is it pre existing on the xfi harness?

4. Fastmanefi

It already exists in the harness. In 2.01 you set up the pressure sensors under File/Aux Analog Inputs.

5. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 New Member

Ok. I took a look and saw that in the menu. But in regards to the wiring of it, the analog connector is a a female connector, I bought the mail connector to plug into that. The connector however has no wiring diagram with it. Where can I find pin a or b or a layout of what the pins are and their function for future add ons. I also have a fast data dash which accepts aux inputs so it’s my belief I can get the fuel and oil pressure sensors to the wiring on the data dash as well is that correct?

6. Fastmanefi

The main harness schematic is in the software under Help/Index section 31.0 under:
    FAST4-123 - 301100-01-08 SCHEMATICS - MAIN, GM
    The analog connector pinout is in the upper right corner of the schematic.

Yes, once you can read the pressures in the XFI they will show on the dash as well.