Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

need help with 50 deg crank ref angle dual sync install

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by pupsvette76, Apr 6, 2019.

1. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

hey guys can some one walk me through the way to get an xfi 2.0 setup to run on a sbc with the 50 degree crank reference angle. I am using a crank trigger but im not sure how to tell the computer to use the crank trigger instead of the dual sync dist. the instructions suck and theres no info out there regarding this unless you ask someone with knowledge on this forum. with that being said theres some conflicting methods on how to do this. some say set itat 50 degrees then lin up the crank trigger on the magnet then drop the dizzy in pointing at the number 1 spark plug wire tower. some say to roll the engineover to 30 degrees first(the middle of the timing range) then drop the dizzy in. please help

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

1) Set the engine to 50 degrees BTDC and make sure the crank trigger aligns with a magnet.
    2) Set the module in the dual-sync to the 50 degree position.
    3) Set the engine to 30 degrees BTDC (compression stroke) and then move the dual sync to point the rotor at the #1 terminal.
    4) Connect your crank trigger to the crank connector on the main harness.
    5) Disconnect the crank wire from the dual sync, or you will short it out in the next step.
    6) Disable the discrete crank input to the ecu by jumping it to its sensor return.
    Done!

Check that the ECU is seeing the crank trigger by spinning the engine to see if the ECU is seeing RPM.

3. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

I checked to see the rpm signal and I am seeing rpm. I de pinned the connector. Now for some reason the car is dieseling. With the fuel pump off and the the ignition off(timing light not flashing) it just sits and idles. When I turn the fuel pump on it kills the engine, maybe because of the electrical load is enough to kill the engine. When you say to loop the brown and white to black and white. Does the black and white need to stay in the connector to provide a sensor return for the cam sensor as well?

4. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

Ok I found an issue with my wiring which was powering the ignition box at all times I fixed that but that doesn’t explain how the engine is getting fuel.

5. Fastmanefi

Since you were running with so much timing before you need a new tune for the way its setup now..
    Call me.

6. Fastmanefi

I can do this now if you call now.

7. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

I would have if I had seen this in time.

8. pupsvette76

pupsvette76 Member

So I messed around with it and got it to run again. But I noticed that my timing light was not blinking. If I rev it up a little bit then the light would start blinking. What would cause that to happen?