Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

no cam led when setting up dual sync

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Bob W., Jul 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bob W.

Bob W. New Member

Yesterday at 6k the dist rotor came completely off. The engine made some very bad backfires etc. and wouldn't restart, that's when I found the rotor.
    Today I went through the motor and checked TDC seems ok. The dis was about 120 degrees off, so I restabbed it at #1 at TDC. Using Fast instructions I get a crank light (red) but no green led.
    Did the module fry, or am I overlooking something.
    Help, Thanks
    Bob Walton

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

If you have a TBI mounted MAP, it is likely blown. Is there power on the main harness distributor power wire when the key is on? Is the wire connected to the distributor? Also check the pins are making contact in the distributor connector harness. Be sure to check what the settings are for the ECU.

What FAST ECU do you have? Ignition box?

3. crash520

crash520 New Member

AA, for those of us with TBI mounted MAP's, can we mount them elsewhere better??
    Is there a process?

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Yes. There is a FAST adapter cable that plugs into the connector to the TBI mounted sensor. You just leave the old sensor in place as a plug.

With the FAST adapter cable installed, you can plug in an old style ('80's) GM one bar sensor or a FAST old style one bar GM sensor, and mount it near the TBI and use a fulltime intake vacuum port. The old GM brand sensor will require removing its sensor connection plastic blocking plate, but the plastic blocking plate on the FAST sensor is keyed to the added FAST adapter cable.

The initial check for a bad MAP sensor is read at the handheld with the key on, engine off. The MAP should read around 100 on the handheld.. The reading varies a little due to normal barometric pressure and will read lower in places like Denver, Co.

Here are the part #s:
    sensor - FAST 307007
    adapter - FAST 308031